Friday, June 26, 2009

Logistics and Freedom

All of my equipment is assembled. I now have a helmet camera capable of doing what I need. I also now have a HDV camera that should give me the visuals I want when I have time to pick it up and shoot. I'm ready to go on the documenting front, and very excited about what I can capture.

I've been through one other deployment, which lets me know that the time I am spending now is the time I will think back to while I'm in Afghanistan, like Peter Pan thinking a happy thought. The care-free-ness in these last few weeks of freedom is astonishing. I feel, even more so, that I can say what I'm thinking and do what I want with almost no regard for the consequences. Who is going to remember that off-color joke I told on stage 1 year ago in Newport, KY??? NOBODY!! I don't feel reckless, but I certainly feel freer than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment